The Ultimate Guide to Buying SEO Services
If you own a small business that has an online presence then SEO is a crucial ingredient to the success of your business. Your website may be the most attractive website in the industry. However, that will count for nothing if there is no traffic to the website. Furthermore, you don’t need just any type of traffic. You need targeted traffic. This is traffic that consists of people interested in what you have to offer.
To achieve this you will need the assistance of an SEO professional.
The good, the bad and the ugly
The Internet marketing industry is highly competitive. You’ll therefore find that there are people who will stoop to using underhanded techniques in order to make money. There are some SEO companies that use unethical techniques to get their clients quick results. These techniques however end up costing the client much more than they have paid for the services. Bad SEO is expensive and you should avoid it at all costs.
What to keep in mind when hiring SEO services
1. Buying SEO is an investment that you are making into your business
Some small business owners are of the view that hiring an SEO company is an expense to their business. On the contrary, it is an investment in your business. SEO will help build your company’s brand and draw customers to it. This is what your business needs to grow. You should therefore look for an SEO firm which can work in partnership with you. They should treat the SEO project like they would for their own personal business.
2. SEO is about more than getting No.1 ranking on search results pages
There are many SEO companies that sell their services by giving guarantees for getting number one ranking on search results pages. However SEO is more than that. The goal of SEO is to increase targeted traffic to your website. You should therefore hire an SEO company that understands this. They should not be focused on getting top ranking only but also on helping you get more customers.
3. SEO should help you beat your competition
As a business, one of your main aims is to get and stay ahead of your competition. The only way to do this is to understand what the competition is doing and then implementing a strategy that will help you beat them. The SEO professional you hire should understand this. Part of their strategy should involve keeping an eye on the competition and implementing strategies to help you beat them.
4. Invest in on and off page optimization
There are some SEO firms today that concentrate on on-page optimization (i.e. keywords, page headings, usability, etc.). They may tell you that they offer full SEO services but will only offer you the on-page optimization.
It is important to ensure that the company you hire uses a combination of on-page and off-page optimization (e.g. creating back links, citations, producing content, building networks in the industry, etc.) This will ensure that you get the most from your SEO.
Signs of a good SEO provider
A good SEO firm will:
• Provide you with a solid plan for SEO for your business. This should include keyword research, industry/competitor research, link strategy, content strategy, etc.
• Use ethical SEO tactics. A SEO firm should never try to convince you to try any black hat techniques such as buying links or exploiting loop holes in the search algorithms. A good SEO company will strive to use ethical techniques that yield longer lasting results such as providing great content for your website’s blog and growing your presence on social media.
• Provide you with references. Ensure that you contact the references to get more information about the company that you’re dealing with.
• Provide you with reports throughout the SEO process and keep you up to date with the progress of the SEO campaign.