How to Get More from SEO by Doing Less
Although search engine optimization can seem complicated at times, it is actually quite simple. It has been said many times that there is no room for rest when it comes to SEO especially since your competition is also working at their SEO. However, there are things you can do to ensure that SEO doesn’t take up all your time and still achieves the goals that you have set for your business.
Start with a great website
Your website is the foundation of your SEO strategy. It won’t help your bottom line if you manage to attract a great number of visitors to your website who will only immediately turn away because your website offers a poor user experience.
You should therefore:
1. Ensure that your website is responsive. Users on different devices ought to be able to use the website. The website should offer a good user experience on different devices.
2. Ensure that the website is easy to navigate: This makes it easy for users to get around the website easily. Include internal links for similar content as well as a site map. This also helps search engines index the website more easily. Stick to simple layouts.
3. Ensure proper use of colors. Use a color combination that draws the attention of the user. Use contrasting colors for areas that you want to draw attention to. Your website should be eye catching.
Ensure that you are able to provide your readers with high quality content. The content should be clear and easy to read. It should also be relevant. Gone are the days when search engines would only rank web pages based on keywords only. Search engines today also consider the quality of the content.
You should therefore:
1. Ensure that the content is relevant to readers
2. Ensure that you provide fresh content for readers
3. Ensure that the content has the right quantity of keywords (avoid keyword stuffing)
Optimize your landing pages
Your landing pages are vital for the success of your website. You only get a few seconds to attract and retain visitors to your website. Visitors decide whether to stay or leave your website based on your landing pages. It is therefore vital to ensure that your landing pages are optimized for users.
You should focus on:
1. Using catchy titles and page descriptions
2. Optimizing images on landing pages
3. Optimizing content on landing pages
4. Using links to similar content
5. Removing any duplicate content
Increase the speed of your website
Many people online greatly dislike slow websites. Internet users have so many options available to them. You therefore have to ensure that you provide them the best option. You need to capitalize on the first few seconds you have to impress your visitors.
If your website takes a long time to load, your visitors will more than likely go to other websites. Very few users will be willing to hang around waiting for your website to load. It is therefore important to ensure that your website loads fast. Strive to ensure that it doesn’t take more than 4 seconds to load your web pages.
There are various online tools that can help you determine the speed of your website and what bottlenecks may be slowing it down. This will improve the overall user experience and in turn improve your rankings with search engines because search engines like Google consider your website’s bounce rate as a ranking factor.
These few tips will help you to get started with a successful SEO campaign. For even better results work with an experienced SEO service provider.