5 Effective Ways to Get More From SEO
Getting the online recognition you need for your business can be difficult. The online market is even more competitive as there are not only local competitors to contend with but also international competitors as well. The Internet is flooded with marketing gimmicks and businesses all looking for customers. You therefore have to find a way to stand out from the crowd.
Most effective way to get noticed:
Search engine optimization is proving to be the most effect way to get noticed online. Most people with access to the Internet use search engines to find information about businesses, services or products. Data from Google alone shows that the search engine processes more than 100 billion searches each month.
Studies have also shown than 75% of search engine users don’t go beyond the first page of search results when searching for information. It therefore goes without saying that you ought to strive to get higher ranking in order to increase your chances of being selected in a relevant search. Websites that aren’t highly ranked will struggle to capture attention.
Improve your SEO
While you may have applied some of the basic principles of SEO to your website, it is important to ensure that you are doing all you can to get better ranking. There are various things you can do to maximize your SEO. The following tips will help you get better results from your SEO strategy.
1. Clean up your website’s structure
Your goal for your website is to not only to help search engines navigate through it easily but also to ensure that visitors to your website are able to get the information they need as fast as possible. It is therefore important to have a website with a well-organized structure.
Place yourself in the consumer’s shoes. If you walked into a store that was cluttered and disorganized, you wouldn’t want to purchase anything. However, if you walked into a store that was well organized and it was easy to find what you were looking for, you’d quickly purchase what you came for.
Your aim should be to help people and search engines find information fast and understand your content much more easily. You should therefore:
• Organize content into topics
• Use internal links to link to content that is similar
• Include navigational links on the top, side or bottom of the page to help users find the information they need faster.
2. Use specific and targeted keywords
Your aim should be to get people who are interested in your products or services to your website. This is possible if you optimize your website for highly targeted keywords. The keywords ought to be specific for the industry or target market.
• Keep keywords relevant to your industry so that you draw the most interested viewers to your site
• Find out what the competition is doing and try to find keywords that are not being used by them
• Search for keywords that will give you high volume traffic
• Use keywords that will result in an increase in conversion rates
3. Social media
Social media is proving to be an effective tool for SEO. More consumers prefer to interact with brands on social platforms than on their websites.
• Establish your presence on social media platforms by creating a social media profile
• Provide readers with interesting but relevant content
• Include share buttons on your page for the major social media sites
4. Provide fresh content
Google has for years been rewarding websites with high-quality content. The bias is increasing even more. It is now more important to have relevant and fresh content on your website. Google search spiders no longer look just for keywords but also for content length, relevance and quality.
5. Include optimized descriptions for images
While some people will tell you that images are not important for SEO the truth is that they are. Images are important for attracting internet users. However, they cannot be crawled by search engine spiders. It is therefore important to include optimized descriptions that include targeted keywords.